The word, orthopedics is comprised of the combination of the word, “ortos” meaning smooth and the word, “pedos” meaning child in Latin. At first, it was used by Nicholas Andry in 1741.
It has been begun to be used with the expression, orthopedics and traumatology, instead of just orthopedics in our day.
It is provided service with the purpose of the diagnosis and treatment of the outpatients in Private Antalya Anatolia Hospital Orthopedics Polyclinic every weekday between the hours 9.00-18.30, on Saturday at 9.00-14.00.
The patients have been consulted every weekday and every hour in the situations that require immediate treatment medically. Our hospital has been equipped with all kinds of facility fort he diagnosis and treatment of the orthopedic diseases.
Orthopedics and traumatology clinic
- Sports injuries and Knee surgery: Arthroscopy
- Spinal surgery: Kyphos (Kyphosis)
- Scoliosis (spinal curvature)
- Fracture (spinal fractures)
- Infection (spinal infections)
- Pediatric Orthopedics: Developmental dysplasia of the hip, congenital bandy foot, Cerebral Palsy, Pediatric fractures
- Foot- Tarsus surgery
- Arthrosises – surgical treatment of Knee, Hip and Shoulder joint arthritis (Total hip arthroplasty, Knee arthroplasty, Shoulder arthroplasty)
- Trauma treatment (the surgical and non-surgical treatments of musculoskeletal system including fractures and contusions)
- Hand and Upper extremity surgery:
- All kinds of trauma of the hand and upper extremity (the treatment of fractures, muscle and tendon with vein and nerve injuries)
- External and deep lacerations
- Peripheric nerve compressions (carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar tunnel syndrome, posterior interosseous syndrome) These are the primary diagnostic and treatment methods applied in our Orthopedics and Traumatology unit
- All kinds of arthroscopic intervention
- Open and closed reduction of fractures
- Closed fracture operations (minimal invasive surgery)
- Reformative operations for orthopedic malformations
- Fixation of all kinds of joint prosthesis (Hip, elbow, finger, shoulder…)
- Knee and tarsus tie operations
- Operations of waist shift and fractures
- The re-plantation of the severed limbs in all kinds of injuries requiring surgical intervention and in suitable situations with the microsurgical method under the microscope.
- The pediatric diseases requiring orthopedic treatment (congenital bandy foot, developmental dysplasia of the hip, phocomely)